Seq21Oct3: Sent 2 December 2013.
Hope everyone had a good break, however you spent it. On to week 6. Here we begin a shift in the course materials from a focus on reading and exercises to project work. Now we’re gettin’ (more) real.
Here are your materials and tasks:
- Text: Chapter 12-14 from How to Think Like a Computer Scientist.
- Video : Lecture 7 and Recitation 4 from 6.00SC Introduction to Computer Science
- Codecademy: Units 14, 15 and 16 – Loops and Exam Statistics
- First: Complete sections 3.10 and 3.11 from Written Exercises 3
- Second: Complete sections 3.6 and Optionals Exercises 1 & 2 from Handout 3 of 6.189 A Gentle Introduction to Computer Science
- Complete Project 1
As always, ask for help for help on OpenStudy or from your cluster peers. And remember to hand out medals on OpenStudy to anyone who helps you out!
Show off them mad skills!
– The Mechanical MOOC
The Mechanical MOOC’s A Gentle Introduction to Python is a collaboration between Peer 2 Peer University, MIT OpenCourseWare, OpenStudy, and Codecademy. For this course, Peer 2 Peer University has developed an email scheduler that coordinates student activity across the participating sites to facilitate collaborative learning. This email was generated by the scheduler. A full archive of emails for this course sequence is available here. For more information, please visit http://mechanicalmooc.org. For questions regarding the logistics of the course, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.