Seq21Oct13: Mailed 18 November 2013.
Welcome back! We resume with week 5. You’re now midway through the adventure. Hopefully you’ve had a good week of catching up, relaxing or working ahead.
Here are your materials and assignments for this week:
- Text: Chapter 9 & 10 from How to Think Like a Computer Scientist.
- Video : Lecture 6 and Recitation 3 from 6.00SC Introduction to Computer Science
- Codecademy: Units 12 and 13 – Lists and Functions
- First: Complete sections 3.7 to 3.9 from Written Exercises 3
- Second: Complete sections 3.0-3.5 from Handout 3 of 6.189 A Gentle Introduction to Computer Science
As always, ask for help for help on OpenStudy or from your cluster peers. And remember to hand out medals on OpenStudy to anyone who helps you out!
Keep on keepin’ on!
– The Mechanical MOOC
The Mechanical MOOC’s A Gentle Introduction to Python is a collaboration between Peer 2 Peer University, MIT OpenCourseWare, OpenStudy, and Codecademy. For this course, Peer 2 Peer University has developed an email scheduler that coordinates student activity across the participating sites to facilitate collaborative learning. This email was generated by the scheduler. A full archive of emails for this course sequence is available here. For more information, please visit http://mechanicalmooc.org. For questions regarding the logistics of the course, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.