Seq7Jan13: Mailed 4 February 2013.
Welcome to week 5–you’re midway through the adventure. If you are getting a little behind or feeling a little overwhelmed, despair not. We’ve planned to take a little break next week so everyone can catch their breath. And if you’d rather not, consult the course sequence on the blog for upcoming assignments and keep on rolling.
Here are your materials and assignments for this week:
- Text: Chapter 9 & 10 from How to Think Like a Computer Scientist.
- Video : Lecture 6 and Recitation 3 from 6.00SC Introduction to Computer Science
- Codecademy: Units 8, 9, and 10 – Loops, Combining Concepts and Advanced Topics
- First: Complete sections 3.7 to 3.9 from Written Exercises 3
- Second: Complete sections 3.0-3.5 from Handout 3 of 6.189 A Gentle Introduction to Computer Science
As always, ask for help for help on OpenStudy or from your cluster peers. And remember to hand out medals on OpenStudy to anyone who helps you out!
Keep on keepin’ on!
– The Mechanical MOOC
The Mechanical MOOC’s A Gentle Introduction to Python is a collaboration between Peer 2 Peer University, MIT OpenCourseWare, OpenStudy, and Codecademy. For this course, Peer 2 Peer University has developed an email scheduler that coordinates student activity across the participating sites to facilitate collaborative learning. This email was generated by the scheduler. A full archive of emails for this course sequence is available here. For more information, please visit http://mechanicalmooc.org. For questions regarding the logistics of the course, please e-mail email@example.com.