Seq7Jan13: Sent 14 January 13.
Good people of the Mechanical MOOC,
We now enter the second week of the Mechanical MOOC. If you’ve not completed the first week, don’t panic! You’re probably not alone and no points are deducted for working at your own pace. Plus, now there are others working ahead of you that can help you out.
Here’s what’s up for this week:
- Text: Sections 4.1, 4.2, 4.4-4.7, 6.1-6.2, 7.3, 8.1, and Intro to Ch. 11 from How to Think Like a Computer Scientist.
- Video : Lecture 3 from 6.00SC Introduction to Computer Science
- Codecademy: Unit 3 Conditionals and Control Flow
- Complete sections 1.5-1.8 and optional exercises from Handout 1 of 6.189 A Gentle Introduction to Computer Science
- Complete sections 1.13, 1.14, and 1.15 from Written Exercises 1 of 6.189 A Gentle Introduction to Computer Science
As always, ask for help for help on OpenStudy or from your cluster peers. And remember to hand out medals on OpenStudy to anyone who helps you out!
– The Mechanical MOOC
The Mechanical MOOC’s A Gentle Introduction to Python is a collaboration between Peer 2 Peer University, MIT OpenCourseWare, OpenStudy, and Codecademy. For this course, Peer 2 Peer University has developed an email scheduler that coordinates student activity across the participating sites to facilitate collaborative learning. This email was generated by the scheduler. A full archive of emails for this course sequence is available here. For more information, please visit http://mechanicalmooc.org. For questions regarding the logistics of the course, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.