Seq26Nov12: Mailed 31 December 12.
Happy MOOCin’ New Year! Hope you had a great week off.
Welcome to week 5–you’re midway through the adventure. Here are your materials and assignments:
- Text: Chapter 9 & 10 from How to Think Like a Computer Scientist.
- Video : Lecture 6 and Recitation 3 from 6.00SC Introduction to Computer Science
- Codecademy: Units 8, 9, and 10 – Loops, Combining Concepts and Advanced Topics
- First: Complete sections 3.7 to 3.9 from Written Exercises 3
- Second: Complete sections 3.0-3.5 from Handout 3 of 6.189 A Gentle Introduction to Computer Science
As always, ask for help for help on OpenStudy or from your cluster peers. And remember to hand out medals on OpenStudy to anyone who helps you out!
Keep on keepin’ on!
– The Mechanical MOOC
The Mechanical MOOC’s A Gentle Introduction to Python is a collaboration between Peer 2 Peer University, MIT OpenCourseWare, OpenStudy, and Codecademy. For this course, Peer 2 Peer University has developed an email scheduler that coordinates student activity across the participating sites to facilitate collaborative learning. This email was generated by the scheduler. A full archive of emails for this course sequence is available here. For more information, please visit http://mechanicalmooc.org. For questions regarding the logistics of the course, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.