Seq26Nov12: Mailed December 17, 2012.
Members of Mechanical MOOC nation,
Welcome to week 4–you’ll be halfway done at the end of this week. Here are your materials and assignments:
- Text: Chapter 7 & 8 from How to Think Like a Computer Scientist.
- Video : Lecture 5 from 6.00SC Introduction to Computer Science
- Codecademy: Units 5, 6, and 7 – Lists & Dictionaries, Challenge and Combining Concepts
- First: Complete sections 2.11 and 2.12 from Written Exercises 2
- Second: Complete sections 2.7-2.10 from Handout 2 of 6.189 A Gentle Introduction to Programming Using Python
As always, ask for help for help on OpenStudy or from your cluster peers. And remember to hand out medals on OpenStudy to anyone who helps you out!
By the way: We’re going to take a week off next week, since many of our learners will be traveling over the year-end holidays. If you are on a roll and want to keep going, you can consult the course sequence on the blog for what’s up next. Peace to all in the new year.
Onward Python learners!
– The Mechanical MOOC
The Mechanical MOOC’s A Gentle Introduction to Python is a collaboration between Peer 2 Peer University, MIT OpenCourseWare, OpenStudy, and Codecademy. For this course, Peer 2 Peer University has developed an email scheduler that coordinates student activity across the participating sites to facilitate collaborative learning. This email was generated by the scheduler. A full archive of emails for this course sequence is available here. For more information, please visit http://mechanicalmooc.org. For questions regarding the logistics of the course, please e-mail email@example.com.