Seq15Oct12: Mailed November 26, 2012.
Welcome back. We hope the week off was a good one. On to to week 6–here we begin a shift in the course materials. One last reading, then all exercises and project work from here.
Here are your materials and assignments:
- Text: Chapter 12-14 from How to Think Like a Computer Scientist.
- Video : Lecture 7 and Recitation 4 from 6.00SC Introduction to Computer Science
- Codecademy: Units 11 – Classes
- First: Complete sections 3.10 and 3.11 from Written Exercises 3
- Second: Complete sections 3.6 and Optionals Exercises 1 & 2 from Handout 3 of 6.189 A Gentle Introduction to Computer Science
- Complete Project 1
As always, ask for help for help on OpenStudy or from your cluster peers. And remember to hand out medals on OpenStudy to anyone who helps you out!
Show off them mad skills!
— The Mechanical MOOC
The Mechanical MOOC’s A Gentle Introduction to Python is a collaboration between Peer 2 Peer University, MIT OpenCourseWare, OpenStudy, and Codecademy. For this course, Peer 2 Peer University has developed an email scheduler that coordinates student activity across the participating sites to facilitate collaborative learning. This email was generated by the scheduler. For more information, please visit http://mechanicalmooc.org. For questions regarding the logistics of the course, please e-mail email@example.com.