Seq15Oct12: Mailed October 13, 2012.
Welcome to your Group!
It’s a group of peers, fellow python learners, who will be with you throughout the course. If The Mechanical MOOC is like your professor, your group is like your university friends. Feel free to ask your group questions or show off that awesome new python trick you learned. Share and exchange. These are your peers.
When you registered for the course, you expressed a preference for studying in a group. So group you we did. The Mechanical MOOC has assigned you to a small group e-mail list of peers, using this e-mail address.
How it works.
- To communicate with others in the group, simply reply to this e-mail. Feel free to introduce yourself.
- No-one who is not assigned to your group will be able to post to the list.
- Members of your group share your time zone.
- If you would like to switch groups for any reason, e-mail email@example.com.
- If you don’t want to be in any group, click the unsubscribe link below. You will not be unsubscribed from the main mailing list for the course.
- If you have questions or concerns, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Now, when you have Python questions, you can go to OpenStudy or e-mail your group.
— The Mechanical MOOC
The Mechanical MOOC’s A Gentle Introduction to Python is a collaboration between Peer 2 Peer University, MIT OpenCourseWare, OpenStudy, andCodecademy. For this course, Peer 2 Peer University has developed an email scheduler that coordinates student activity across the participating sites to facilitate collaborative learning. This email was generated by the scheduler. For more information, please visit http://mechanicalmooc.org. For questions regarding the logistics of the course, please e-mail email@example.com.